The Insolvency Service 
Investigations and Enforcement Services
You can make a complaint if you have reasonable grounds to suspect a company that is currently active or dissolved of:
  • causing significant harm to groups such as customers and suppliers
  • breaking the law, for example fraud
  • serious misconduct, for example company assets have not been used properly
  • having a significant irregularity in its affairs
Before you complete this form please read Company Investigations: what we do, if your complaint is about an active company or Dissolved Company Investigations, if your complaint is about a dissolved company.

If your complaint is about an active company or business using the name (or similar) of a company that is in liquidation, complete this form.

You can find the company's number and its status using the Companies House Register.

Fields with an asterisk (*) must be completed to submit the form.

The company's details - (as far as they are known to you)

If you wish to complain about more than one company (provided they are connected to each other) please provide the same details about the other company (or companies) in the box at Part 3 below entitled 'Your Complaint'

Company name*
Company registered number

Company status*

Place of incorporation, if not Great Britain

The company's trading address - (as known to you)
Other Company address known to you

Who have you dealt with in the company:
If there are other individuals connected to the company with whom you have dealt please give their names and role they play within the company

Your complaint

Did you suffer any financial loss*

If yes, how much and when
What is your complaint against the company*

Please type in the box brief details of your complaint. If we require any further details in order to assess your complaint we will contact you.

If you would like to attach any electronic documents in support of this form please use the Choose File buttons below.

Each file must be one of the following doc, docx, xls, xlsx, txt, pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, odt and the size of each file must not exceed 3MB in size.

File 1
File 2
File 3
File 4
File 5

About you

You are able to submit your complaint anonymously, however if you do so, we will not be able to contact you if further information is needed.

If you provide your email address, a copy of your complaint will be forwarded to you on submission.

If you are complaining on behalf of an organisation, such as a Local Authority Trading Standards Department, or a company, please give the name of your organisation or company below.

First name
Last name
Organisation or company


Your data will be handled in accordance with our Personal Information Charter

Accessibility (new window)